Synduality: Noir Anime Casts Yuuki Kaji as Weisheit
The official website for Synduality: Noir, the television anime of Bandai Namco Entertainment, Bandai Namco Filmworks, and Bandai Spirits' Synduality project, revealed on Wednesday that Yuuki Kaji is joining the anime's cast as Weisheit, a member of a mysterious organization that is moving behind the scenes in the story. The character will appear in episode 11 next Monday.
©SYNDUALITY Noir Committee
©SYNDUALITY Noir Committee
The anime premiered on July 10. Disney+ is streaming the anime exclusively worldwide as it airs in Japan.
While the game is set in the year 2222, the anime is set 20 years after in 2242.
The anime's previously announced cast includes:
- Takeo Ōtsuka as Kanata
- Aoi Koga as Noir
- Nagisa Aoyama as Ciel
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Tokio
- Fuminori Komatsu as Mouton
- Konomi Inagaki as Ellie
- Ayaka Ohashi as Ange
- Taito Ban as Kurokamen
- M.A.O as Schnee
- Daisuke Sakaguchi as Michael
- Daiki Hamano as Bob
- Miku Itō as Maria
- Ryoka Yuzuki as Claudia
- Marika Kōno as Flamme
The main staff includes:
- Director: Yūsuke Yamamoto (Encouragement of Climb, Aquarion Evol, Knight's & Magic)
- Original Story Concept: Hajime Kamoshida (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, The Pet Girl of Sakurasou)
- Series Script Supervisor: Takashi Aoshima (Himouto! Umaruchan, Mitsudomoe)
- Animation Character Design & Chief Animation Director: Kenichirō Katsura (Macross 7, Comic Party: Revolution)
- Production Design: Kō Inaba
- Legendary Design: Kazutaka Miyatake (Macross, Space Battleship Yamato)
- Art Director: Kenta Masuda
- Music: Masato Nakayama (22/7, We Never Learn: BOKUBEN)
- Animaton Production: 8-Bit
STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION is performing the opening theme song "Raytracer." ARCANA PROJECT performs the ending theme song "Eureka."
The franchise's game is titled Synduality: Echo of Ada, and is a third-person shooter game that will release this year for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
Sony describes the game:
The year is 2222. It has been years since Tears of the New Moon, a mysterious rain, poured and wiped out almost the entire human race. The poisonous rain gave birth to deformed creatures devouring for humans, and humanity fled from the danger. As means for survival, the humans then build an underground haven; Amasia. In this new built dystopian city, on a pursuit of maintaining their existence, they run into an Artificial Intelligence named Magus. Not knowing how things will work between them, the story of how Humans and AI coinciding and trying to find their truths begin.
The franchise will also have a manga spinoff titled Synduality: Ellie, focusing on the titular character, which will launch in Kadokawa's Monthly Comic Alive magazine in its September issue on July 26. Hiroshi Mishima will draw the manga. The manga will also have a novelization that will launch under Kadokawa's MF Bunko J label. The franchise will also have a separate novel spinoff "photo story" titled Synduality: Kaleido, which will launch in Hobby Japan's Monthly Hobby Japan magazine in its September issue on July 25.
Sources: Synduality: Noir anime's website, Comic Natalie